Saturday, November 17, 2007

We're getting closer!

Paul started attending BYU in the fall of 2001. He did two semesters and then left for his mission to New England in May of 2002, returning to school in the fall of 2004. I started at BYU in the fall of 2003. I went steadily untill the fall of 2006 when I took a semester off because Benjamin was born. I also became a Hall Advisor for BYU Residence Life the summer previous to that, so when I returned to class I was restricted to going less than half time. I've been plugging away, and Paul has been working hard at school and work, and we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Come April of 2008, I will officially have a degree in Marriage, Family & Human Development. And not too long after that, in June of 2008, Paul will officially have his degree in Construction Management, with a minor in Business Management.

It hasn't always been easy, but I can honestly say that it has been quite a bit of fun! We are proof to any who doubt, that you can be married and have children and still be successful in college. We're excited for what is now to come.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I recognized that pink paper. I'm so excited to be done too. Way to go School.
-Eric

John B. said...

Congrats! It is a great feeling knowing that the tunnel is finally coming to to the open of freedom from books.

Lisa said...

Hooray for the Duersch's!! It is nice to send in that paper, isn't it? Enjoy BYU while you're still there!

Lesley said...

I LOVED signing that form! Frame it! I am so glad you guys are SO CLOSE! You guys are a great success story.