Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blackberry Treats


Where we live in Washington blackberries grow abundantly. We have a decent production going on in our back yard, but they can really be found about everywhere you go in town.


If I was more ambitious I might endeavor to make blackberry jam or something - free berries, after all. But for now I'm not. Instead, we've devoted many a juicy blackberry this summer to a tasty concoction referred to in our house as "Blackberry Treats." Paul's mom shared this cobbler recipe with us when she came to visit this summer and we're sold on it. So simple. So quick. So, so tasty!




Easy Blackberry Cobbler

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place 4 cups fresh blackberries in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. In a medium bowl stir together 1 egg, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup flour until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle 6 Tbsp. melted butter over topping. Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Makes 6 servings. (Or, if you live in our house, 3 or 4 servings.)

Could I say it any better than this?

2 comments:

lori said...

Yum!!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, that sounds delicious!! I wish blackberries just grew around here. Mmmmmmmm... :)