
Paul took a moment to toss some snow around with Benjamin and pose for a picture next to the thermometer before he had to go back to work. He would much rather have spent the afternoon stomping through the snow with Benjamin.

While Rhett napped I took Paul's place in the back yard. I was really surprised at Benjamin's enthusiasm for our snowy activity. We stomped and tromped and even made snow angels. He was unfailingly thrilled every time I made a snow ball and gently placed it in his mittened hands, from which he would enthusiastically fling it to see the snow scatter in the air.


He probably would have stayed outside all afternoon despite rosy cheeks, runny nose, and the freezing wind that made his eyes water, but I managed to coax him inside with the promise of hot chocolate. I was too cold.

On another note, we went back to the pumpkin patch (which is now a Christmas tree patch) last weekend to cut down this handsome doug fir. (No pictures of that since the wind was blowing 40 mph and Benjamin was screaming. We didn't even bother taking the camera out of the car.) Paul and I strung it with some popcorn (which is slowly being munched by Benjamin) and put up our small collection of ornaments. Five days till Christmas and we're still working on putting up all our decorations and getting out our Christmas cards and such. And I just finished making Rhett's birth announcement. There's still a lot to do, but I suppose if it doesn't all get done "in time" it won't really make a difference. That's what I'm trying to tell myself, anyway.
8 comments:
Hey Paul, I just now made a connection: I have been working on my ME capstone project with someone you might be familiar with... Chris Egbert.
It won't! Evan if you don't get it all done in time, you'll still have an amazing and peaceful Christmas. And don't feel bad about the fact that you are still putting up decorations. I have only hung our stockings...that's all. It's so sad. :)
So cute! He looks like he's having the time of his life in that snow!
Yeah, those mitten holes will get you every time. Don't worry about Christmas cards, I think New Year's cards can be just as fun. Merry Christmas!
I decided winter is for kids - they love it! Winter as an adult means scraping cars, shoveling walks, etc...But I guess it's worth it to watch your kids play in the snow!
Love your tree - you house looks so warm and cozy compared to those snow pictures!! Hope you guys have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
looks like you're having as much fun as we are here in Provo- we've been getting dumped on this past week.
Merry Christmas!
The Halls
Yeah, uh, we didn't ever get around to doing Christmas cards (we did talk about doing an ecard or something), and this is how long it takes me to get around to reading blogs... Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I miss Benjamin! What a cute kid! Less than 8 weeks till ours is on the way - wahoo! :-D
I love all those pictures! How fun! Such a cute little tree and I love little B-man's snow suit! So cute!
*Oh man... Kelv got to your blog way before I did! ;-D I need to be more on the ball!
Post a Comment