Last weekend we enjoyed a fun visit to Utah. My older brother, Jason, was graduating from college and we felt it was important to support him in his achievement. Jason is probably the most intelligent person I know and I have looked up to him ever since I can remember. He's been working on this bachelors degree for roughly 10 years, and I am very proud of him for sticking it out. Jason and I even took Statistics 221 together from BYU Independent Study. (That was the hardest and worst class I ever took. After full days of work and school, we spent many evenings one semester trying to work on that class. It sure seemed like most of our time ended with us lost and confused, bored-out-of-our-minds, and either exploring on Google Earth or sharing fond memories of the past ... Both of us did end up passing that class though.)

Jason was part of the first class to graduate from UVU (used to be UVSC, but the state college is now a university). Since he's been in college he has gotten married, bought a house, had three kids, and was the head branch manager for a very large company. And he was one of seven students older than 30 to graduate from UVU.

Pretty fitting to honor Jason, President Monson came to the graduation and spoke.

In the audience were the other members of the First Presidency as well.

After the graduation song had finally finished replaying over again and over again and over again and over again and over again and over again and over again and over again and over again it was time to go back to my parent's home to enjoy family time. I love spending time with family more than anything else in the world. Whether its with me, Vicky, and the boys, or with my whole family, parents, siblings, and all the kids, I love it. (Wow there were a lot of commas in that sentence.)

Rhett likes swinging.

Benjamin likes to ride pink lawn flamingos.

I even had helpers to help me blow out my birthday candles.
The visit was very enjoyable. Many late nights, a trip to the fish tanks at Cabela's, and lots more time with family. This was a fun trip and a welcome short vacation.
1 comment:
That is so great you got to see your family! It must be hard to live so far away. We like having you guys here, though!
Post a Comment