This summer went very quickly for me, especially when you're working 11-12 hour days, 6 days a week. The project consisted of two seasons; a complete renovation of the school including new mechanical, electrical and controls systems. Season 1, last summer, included renovating the center of the school: administration offices, staff lounge, gym, library, a few bathrooms, a new commons area/cafeteria, and a new mechanical fan loft. Season 2, this summer, included renovating the rest of the school and the parking lots: both classroom wings (South and East), new kindergarten entry (bathrooms and special Ed rooms), entry canopy, and new entry plaza. Below are a few before and after photos from this past summer.

New front entry, skylight, concrete, landscaping, flagpole, memorial garden, plaza, bike racks, metal siding, asphalt...
(You should be able to click on each set of photos for a larger view.)
The students were back in classes by 31 August. Many students, teachers, and school neighbors have positively commented on how much they like their "new" school.
This project has been a great blessing in my life and the life of my family in many ways and a great learning experience. I am also very grateful my family and I could spend this summer together here in Juneau. Our time is quickly coming to an end and we should be back in Bellingham very soon. What a summer.
3 comments:
Wow, the school looks great! I'm glad things are going so well for you. I spoke with your former tenant at church today- boy was I surprised! Last week I spent an evening with one of Dan's mission companions. It's a small world! Hope to see you guys someday!
That looks amazing! How exciting for the students (but especially the teachers) to have such a great looking school. Way to go! I'm glad it was a good experience for you all, and especially glad the whole family was able to be together. What a blessing!
It looks great - nicely done!
Post a Comment