Thursday, December 10, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

Last weekend we went back to Stoney Ridge Farm to buy a Christmas tree. We went there last year for a tree also, and look what a difference a year makes! (Although Benjamin was wearing those exact clothes just today, only they fit better now.)


Benjamin was so excited to get a tree! We strapped everyone in for the 30-minute drive...


...and when we got there Benjamin was asleep.


We grabbed a saw and ventured through the merry Christmas tree forest.


It was cold, and a bit windy if my memory is correct, but the boys were troopers. Last year it was even colder, to the point that it was painful, and they weren't as tolerant. Finally we found the one.

After it was cut and measured, they put it through this cool baling machine.


Before we left we visited their Nativity scene. The boys thought it was cool. Rhett tried to climb through the fence to join the crowd by the manger. The real donkey and camel were fun to see.

See that pair of gray and black gloves on top of the fence? Yeah, Paul bought those in Alaska and he's pretty bummed that they're probably still sitting on that fence. He doesn't think it's worth the hour's worth of travel to get them back.


We enjoyed some of the festive decorations, then loaded the tree in the car to go home.


Benjamin was very eager to help decorate the tree on Monday night. He especially loves the miniature John Deere tractor ornaments.


He also enjoyed vacuuming the pine needles that fell off the tree.


Ta da! Paul was missing from the house for about an hour until I checked the garage and found him creating this fantastic star for the top of the tree. (It will be painted gold soon.) Almost all of the ornaments have been relocated to higher boughs since the initial decorating. Can you guess why? Somehow I still find one or two on the floor every day. I think Benjamin stretches really high and/or shakes the tree.


He even got his own little tree to decorate (one that I got in Young Women's years ago).


Our house is feeling festive these days (even if it's a bit cold thanks to our old windows). Hope yours is too! (Festive, not cold.)

6 comments:

Brian and Michelle said...

Merry Christmas! I love all your pictures, especially the one of Rhett by the tree at the tree farm. So cute! Question: What car seats do you use, and do you like them? We're trying to figure out which to buy for Camden, so I'm curious about your car seat experiences.

Lisa said...

I love your cute little tree and your cute little boys! They really do grow a lot in a year, huh? Crazy.

Anonymous said...

That's so much fun!

McCracken said...

That looks like so much fun!! You both do so many fun things :)

McCracken said...

oh I also can't believe you still have that tree! Mine has gone missing in my many moves.

lori said...

What a fun place to get a tree!!! So much better than Wal-mart =)