Nina is 2 weeks and 3 days older than me. (I counted the gap many times as a kid, always fascinated by the few days that nevertheless separated us by a whole grade in school.) She and I lived next door to each other since birth. We went to the same church. I cannot possibly count the number of sleepovers we had or the number of times we pretended we were ice skaters and "skated" in her living room to the soundtrack from The Lion King. We played Barbies for hours. We shared embarrassing preteen obsessions with Jonathan Taylor Thomas and NSync. We share many memories of both silliness and spiritual growth from Girls Camp and other church youth experiences.
I love her as if she were my sister. During years of separation both in distance and circumstance, she has always been close to my heart and I know that no matter where our lives lead now that we are grown, she will always be a part of mine. That's just how it is. You can't get rid of a friend like that.
On January 2 I had the opportunity to be a part of an amazing experience when my life-long friend Nina and her husband Larry received their endowments and were sealed as a family with their daughter in the Albuquerque Temple.
Are there any words to describe the feelings that I felt? I can't seem to find any that are good enough. To not only witness the joyful event, but to be at her side as her escort through the experience was beyond definition. To be present in the temple while sacred covenants were made and blessings were received by someone who I love so much was one of the happiest times in my life so far.
I was crying even before I pulled out my temple recommend.
Thank you, Nina, for letting me be part of that wonderful experience. Thank you, most of all, for letting me be part of your life. You don't know what a blessing you have been to me.


5 comments:
Congratulations Nina and family!
(And Vicky - you look fabulous!!!)
Um, I love this. Beautiful post - beautiful friendship - beautiful women - beautiful event. How happy!!!!!!!!!!
How wonderful!! Nothing can compare to that kind of joy. What a great experience :)
That is so wonderful! Congratulations Nina and family! She is lucky to have a friend like you, Vicky!
Thank you so much for coming down for my big day! It means so much to me :) It really touched my heart even more when I found out you guys had sprung a last minute trip to Utah. Thank you so much for being apart of my life :)
Lana's best friend lives around the corner from us and Lana has known her since she was born. I can't wait for Vicky and Nina part 2!!
Again thank you so much for being apart of my life and my big day :)
Thank you all that comments for your congratulations :)
Post a Comment