Thursday, February 18, 2010

Brothers

Lately I've been thinking about our kids and what they each look like and whether they look like each other at all. Paul's parents have a wall in their house with pictures of their grandkids, all lined up next to each other in order of their birth. Benjamin and Rhett are the only siblings who are side-by-side on that wall, and I've often wondered if stranger looking at all those kids would think that Benjamin and Rhett are cousins because they look so different. I've never done a picture comparison of the boys before, so here is a side-by-side (sort of) comparison of the boys at certain ages:

Benjamin at birth

Rhett at birth

Benjamin at 6 months
Rhett at 6 months
Benjamin at 1 year
Rhett at 1 year
Benjamin at 18 months
Rhett at 18 months

For a long time I've thought that the boys didn't look anything alike, but now that I see them this way, I can see some similarities. It's hard to define them, but I think they're there (maybe something about the eyes, or forehead?). They definitely don't look so alike that we could play a who's-who guessing game with their baby pictures, though. If I had them handy I'd do a comparison of Paul's and my baby pictures to theirs. I think I'll make that a project for another day.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It is interesting how different they look! I noticed that their chins/mouths seem similar. And something about the eyes, but not the eyes themselves...

Yeah, who knows :)

hilary w said...

They definitely do have their own look! Why is that some siblings look like twins while others are totally different? Although they don't look very much alike, I think their head shape seems the same.