Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rhett's birthday revisited

I realized that I didn't post about Rhett's birthday fun!  So here it is.


We had fun celebrating Rhett turning 2!   Nachos were on the menu for dinner because we wanted something Rhett was sure to like.  (However it should be noted that Rhett is a fantastic eater [knock on wood] and it probably wouldn't have mattered too much what we had.)

Like many 2-year-olds, one of Rhett's favorite books is The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so he had caterpillar cupcakes, a big hit.

Digging right in

Now I'll try a green one...

And on to presents...

Benjamin picked out the first gift (with several reminders that it was for Rhett, not himself).



Rhett got that birthday crown in nursery on Sunday but refused to wear it.  Benjamin thought it was awesome.  I think I'll need to make one for his birthday coming up next month.

Happy birthday, buddy!

5 comments:

Brian and Michelle said...

The caterpillar cupcakes look amazing! How fun! Your boys are too cute. :)

Lindsay said...

This cake truely is cool! Great Job Vicki! I need to get this book--encourage Enoch to also fall in love with it--and then make this cake for his 2nd birthday!!! LOVE IT!

Gaskin Girl said...

Oh my CUTENESS! That cake is SO AWESOME! Seriously, I just LOVE it. And I just emailed my sister about it too, so you know I mean it. I'm going to try to get Olivia to make that her favorite book so we can copy your idea. You're so amazing!

Shiloh said...

They are both growing up so fast! You have such a wonderful family sugar. :)

Alene said...

Wow Vicky! That cake looks just like the book! I love seeing your creativity with birthdays and such. You are inspiring! :-D