Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day Lucy

 
Vicky is no longer pregnant.  After two total hours of labor which included only half an hour at the hospital, (meaning no epidural), and one big push, baby Lucy arrived at 7:10 am... ALL 9 lbs 15 ounces and 22 inches of her, (and already too big for newborn diapers.)  Vicky walked into the hospital dilated to a 10.  She was incredible, and I am so proud of her.

Unlike her older brothers, who were two and three weeks early, Lucy decided to hold off until nearly the end, with only four days left until the due date.  Thus changing our St. Patrick's Day celebrations forever.  Lucy has been such a real joy already.  So here's to hoping she will be as calm and quite all of her childhood, and life for that matter, as she has been today... I'm serious.  Both boys soaked her right up.

Here are a few more photos to enjoy.  I'm sure Vicky will post more at a later date.

21 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! What a cute little chub.

alishka babushka said...

Congratulations!!! What a cute chubby baby! :o)

Allie said...

Yea! Congratulations and WAY TO GO MAMA! I am impressed! Already a 10 when you checked in to the hospital? That's amazing. Your boys are so sweet with their new baby sister. Best of luck in the upcoming weeks/luck.

Liz Johnson said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! And so big!! Congratulations, Vicky (and Paul... and Benjamin & Rhett)!! I hope the birth was a positive experience!!

Lindsay said...

Wow! That is fantastic and she is beautiful. I can TOTALLY see the family face in her features!! Amazing. And-- Vicki, you look beautiful!

Leah said...

Congratulations you guys!! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Vicky looks lovely. I love her hair! That is exciting and I'm happy everyone is doing well.

Lesley said...

I am so happy for you guys! From the stats, it sounds like a perfect labor! I hope it really was, and that recovery is going well too.

Lucy is beautiful. I love that although your children have distinct characteristics that distinguish, they also all have that adorable Duersch sibling look too. Lucy just fits right in!

I love that picture of Vicky reading with the kids at the end. Very sweet!

Happy St. Patricks Day indeed!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your sweet little girl! That sounds like it was an intense labor. Way to go Vicky!

Megan said...

Congratulations Vicky & Paul & family of 5!! I love the photo of Vicky and all 3 children reading together! That's beautiful!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

She is beautiful beautiful beautiful! Way to have a great wife Paul...oh, and Lucy is adorable too!! She looks just like a duersch!! (And I'll never forget her bday since she and Eric share one now!!)

Shiloh said...

I guess the pendulum had to swing the other way eventually! She has a head start keeping up with her brothers.

Doneva said...

OH my Lucy is darling, what a sweetie already she has a personality, o.k. wonderwoman you were at YW's 12 hours before birth and Costco 36 hours after, you be careful. I guess birthing can NEVER be to fast or easy, just be careful cause we always fall on our faces when we get going too fast.

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. I love big babies. :) We're so happy for you guys!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! She is so freaking adorable! And Vicky, you look incredible! Absolutely no fair. Especially pushing out a big baby sans-epidural. You are super woman!!

McClellan Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS. Way to go on your smooth delivery. Shay and I scheduled our babies c-section for The day after saint patties. It made it so I wouldn't have to take more vacation days. (And we always need another excuse for parties. Saint patties is celebrated one day, and his birthday will be the next. More reasons to parties on various days of the year was our though. Congrats again. She is so cute. She puts our little 7 pounder to shame. Hope mom adjusts to the new one, befor you have to pack up and get moving to you next home.

lori said...

Hooray!! We're so glad to see what a duersch baby GIRL looks like! She's just as darling as the boys! Hope everyone is recovering well! Love you, friends!!!!

Gaskin Girl said...

YAY for the Duersch family! She looks like a Duersch already...SUPER cute! Awesome story, and one more reason to celebrate on St. Patrick's Day! Way to go!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!!! We're so happy for you guys! Wishing you the best with your new bundle of joy!!!

Lisa Wolf Smith said...

Yay! Congratulations to both of you! What a cute little girl. Your little family looks so happy- and you look fantastic Vicky!

McCracken said...

Congrats!!! So exciting you will love having a girl!!!