Thursday, November 3, 2011

Because this blog is failing and I feel like I need to post something



This little froggie came to visit in October.  It's too bad everyone but Paul was asleep at the time.

Blogging has seemed like an overwhelming task lately.  Probably because I feel like I have to "catch up."  And I want to catch up, but I also want to write about what's happening now.  I just can't seem to find a good time, or enough emotional energy, to blog about our family.  And the more time that passes, the more guilty I feel about neglecting this journal of sorts.  And then I feel overwhelmed.

Sigh.  (I think that's something my mom would write.)

Maybe tomorrow.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Vicky, don't worry about the shoulds. Yes, it is a journal, but there's no way we can ever record everything in our lives. Write what you want, record what you have time to record. As long as you are enjoying your family and doing what you want to with them, then that's the most important part. No guilt should ever be associated with a blog. You don't need to add that pressure to what it must be like to be the mother of 3. Yes, I'd love to read about your life and the things you are doing and thinking, but it's your life and your family and you should be able to do all that without extra stress.

Brian and Michelle said...

I totally agree with Megan! We keep hearing counsel from our general authorities to simplify our lives and focus on the most important things. Sometimes, I think I get caught up with 'journaling' or 'documenting' or 'posting a comment to facebook' about my life and how funny my kids are that I don't live in my life as much as I ought. Ah, it's something I need to work on. The frog is cute.

rantipoler said...

I don't think your blog is failing, and I don't think you need to catch up. Just write what you want, when you want. :)

Lisa Wolf Smith said...

I second everyone's comments. I love you Vicky! I'm just happy to see or hear anything you feel like sharing. Even pictures of a frog. :D

Shiloh said...

My mother always told me to let the dust gather and enjoy my family. The blog is fun but shouldn't be stressful. You are fine. Sending hugs {{}}

Sarah said...

I just figure you are a mother of three, with the youngest still under a year. That's a crazy time. If you aren't blogging because you are busy with your kids, sounds like your priorities are right.