Thursday, September 18, 2008

Move Over, Soothie...


Unlike Benjamin, Rhett has been very fond of the pacifier. But recently he has discovered the self-soothing capabilities of his thumb. He's not consistent with it yet, so he still uses a pacifier, but I'm voting for the thumb. Like I said, self-soothing. Our kids will probably have braces anyway.

8 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm all about self-soothing! May it last!

hilary w said...

I am TOTALLY for thumb-sucking! I've even read that they can suck their thumb until they're 5 without damaging their teeth! You will love it.

Lisa said...

Man I was hoping that Jonathan would figure out the thumb thing. He usually just sticks all of his fingers in his mouth at once and then gags himself.

I say, this way he can self-soothe (yay!), and you don't have to binkie retrieve during the night (the bane of my existence). Win win!

rantipoler said...

That's a great picture!

Laurie said...

He is so cute! I cannot believe how fast they grow.

Emily said...

So cute, love the pic in the sidebar as well of your whole family. Vicky, thanks for your congrats on my blog. Jared is just thrilled that someone else voted "Rhino" haha, I realized I didn't have you guys on my sidebar so I will put you on ASAP so I can see more updates on your family and your two cute boys!

lori said...

Ha! Way to go Rhett! That picture is classic! I always loved Benjamin sucking his thumb! Hope that makes life a little easier at your household!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

I love the thumb sucking baby! Iam all for it! (And VIcky, I have like a million other things to say about your other posts, I read them regularly, I'm just so lazy to comment...know that you're loved by the Carters, faithful commentors or not!)