Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Proud Mama Moment


Benjamin said his first sentence today: "Dada goes fast."

He said it as Paul was pulling away in the car to go back to work after lunch. And no, he wasn't speeding.

He often puts multiple words together, but up until now I've never heard him say something grammatically correct. I know most people really don't care, but thanks for reading this anyway. Like I said, it's a proud mama moment.

(The picture is a couple of months old. We're still working on getting him to hold still long enough for a decent portrait.)

10 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, that's great!!! It's all because of his mom!

Liz Johnson said...

He is SO SMART!!! That is awesome. Ah... the joy of motherhood comes in moments, no? :)

Lisa said...

Yay Benjamin! That is cool :)

Laurie said...

He is getting so big.

Spencer said...

Congratulations! That is a proud mommy moment. What an exciting time in life! :o)

Lesley said...

That's huge! Way to go, Benjamin!

Michelle said...

Hey Vicky! Your blog was one of the recommended ones on Google Reader. Crazy. I'd love for you to put us in your sidebar. May we do the same for your blog?

hilary w said...

Hooray for Ben! That's so great! I can't wait to hear what funny things he starts saying now that he is such a talkin' boy!

Unknown said...

Yes, that is awesome! Go Benjamin! First real sentence, wahoo! I'm excited for the little guy, HOWEVER, I must say that a much more exciting moment (for all, I'm sure), is the break through in learning to say my name (Kelv). For the longest time I've been associated with my wife (never a bad thing of course) and know as 'Neen. But for the first time, I got a call from little Benji-man and heard him say "Kelv"!!!!!! Wow-eee, I was excited! So proud. So, so proud. (Thanks Paul and Vicky too!)

Alene said...

A full sentence! Way to go Benjamin! I loved it when you filmed him talking about he ants, b-ball, and squash! You'll have to try and catch him again!