




Valentine's Day 2009 kicked off on Friday night when Paul and I went on a DATE while the boys played at our friends the Katschkes' house. A night out sans children was Paul's gift to me. We took a nice stroll in downtown Bellingham prior to our delicious dinner at Anthony's Hearthfire Grill, and enjoyed the hands-free quiet of being together without the kids.
Saturday morning's Valentine's breakfast featured pink love-you heart pancakes. We ate all but one before I remembered to document our festive meal on film. (Can I still say "on film" since it's not really on film?)

The boys and I whipped up a construction-themed Valentine for Paul.

And Benjamin was absolutely delighted by a surprise Valentine balloon.
Next time there's a call for balloons, we'll get two.




We spent the rest of our morning on the beach at Birch Bay looking for sea shells (or "sea stars" as Benjamin calls anything found on the beach, including rocks) and mostly just enjoying being together. Who could ask for more than a peaceful Valentine's stroll on the beach with the most loveable boys (and man) I know?








Finally, we returned the favor to the Katschkes and watched their kids so they could go on a Valentine's date. We all enjoyed special Valentine's cookies thanks to Paul's mom and dad who sent the boys an awesome Valentine cookie kit!


Hope your day of love was good, too!
7 comments:
What a beautiful beach! and I love the doilies on the Valentines!
:-D Looks like you had a wonderful Valentine's weekend filled with lots of loving moments! Those cookies look delicious! I'm glad you could do date night swaps.
Beautiful beach pictures!! And I loved the homemade valentines!! Glad you guys had fun!
Sounds like a great week-end. Happy Valentine's Day.
WOW! it looks like you guys had a great valentines day... i love all your little ideas and projects you guys did, way cute!
What a great weekend! I know what you mean about a date being a rare treat! That card you made Paul was so cute!
So cute! I love the crayon in the mouth shot. I'm so glad you had such a happy Valentine's Day.
Post a Comment