Once we got there it was as fun as could be. The new stake presidency's fireside was fantastic, and I found myself wanting to reach out to the girls and ask, "Are you listening?? This is true!! They're right!" Their words were a great confirmation to me of what I already know is true, but what I hope the girls will learn soon if they don't already know: that they are daughters of God, and He knows them, and He loves them, and He will help them.
The wards put on their skits the night before, but the girls reenacted theirs for us before we went home. Our ward's assignment was Cinderella, and they put on a fun, modernized version. But the modern twist wasn't the best part. Imagine the excitement of the teenage girls in the stake when this guy waltzed onto the stage:
!!!
A few of the girls were giddy over the secret star of the show for weeks, and I wish I could have been there for the big reveal. I'm sure it would have rivaled our movie theater experience of giggles and hoots and applause. But even at our private performance he was quite a hit.



3 comments:
How FUN! I was just telling John that I hope I'm in Young Women's again when I'll be able to go to camp (I was nursing last time I was lucky enough to be in YW). And I'm sure Jacob was a big hit, hahaha :)
How creative. I am the stake girls' camp director and camp is next week. It was reassuring to hear how successful your camp was and how fun it was! I am anxious to finish with all the preparations and just enjoy it!
That Jacob cut-out is hilarious! I'm jealous you got to go to girl's camp. That was always the best part of YW for me and I'd love to go again as a leader some day.
Post a Comment