We drove to Utah mid-July for a Duersch family reunion. It was long.
Edit: Paul wants me to update this to include the facts that the drive was about 17 hours long, lengthened by unexpected construction along the way. And a 3-year-old who managed to need the bathroom right after we passed a town with any facilities. Let's just say we had a few side-of-the-road stops.
Not to mention Paul started the trip off sick. And he still drove the whole way!
But enough of that. Here are a few pictures of the beginning of the drive. Mostly of Rhett. It must have been too hard to turn around in my seat to get Benjamin.
| My husband, the ultra-trooper |
| A sweet gesture (Benjamin was sleeping) |
![]() |
| Playing dinos (copied from here) |
![]() |
| Cool dude: he loves his $1 Target glasses |


4 comments:
I loved road trips before I had kids. Not any more. :) I know a lot of people can drive through the night and their kids sleep, but I am not a good night driver. I would be sleeping with the kids, which would be pretty scary.
That is so cute how Rhett is reaching for Benjamin's hand.
PS Thanks for the hairspray tip! :)
That is one long trip!
On a somewhat related note, Ryan and I would love to take you up on your offer to come visit you in Washington. I was going to call you, but I only have your Utah cell number, and I'm not sure if that's still an accurate number. :) I'll facebook message you our new phone numbers too.
Vicky! You are a genius!!! I've never thought of bringing a baking sheet or tray for the kids to have a flat surface to play on. Genius! I have to try this on our next trip!!
Reminds me of you and your sisters with your very jazzy 80s sunglasses. I think one pair was stars.
Post a Comment