Sunday, October 17, 2010

Because these things must be blogged if they are to be remembered


About a month ago Rhett emptied a bottle of nutmeg into the detergent dispenser of our dishwasher.  I thought I wouldn't bother cleaning it out because it would all get washed down the drain in the wash cycle.  Instead, specs of nutmeg lingered on the dishes for several cycles afterward.  Next time, clean it out.  And someday, move the spices to higher ground.  (As if that will help.  This morning, while Paul and I were desperately trying to sleep in, Rhett figured out that he could push our kitchen table up to the refrigerator, push a chair up to that, and reach the cookies up on top.  Nothing is safe from this kid.)

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Oh Vicky! That is such a memorable, naughty little incident! I love that you just ran the dishwasher, because that is exactly what I would have done. And I would have felt really clever about it too. But now I know not to.

Oh, two year old boys. They are a tricky, sneaky species, aren't they?

I loved Benjamin's cake! I will definately copy it.