One of the great parts about having a girl is that I have things to make. A boy would already have everything he needs because of Benjamin and Rhett. But while I'm sure a girl would be just as warm and snuggly in a blanket patterned with footballs and basketballs, wouldn't it be nice to have something a little more feminine?
As soon as Christmas was done I was excited to start on some baby projects. I've only done two so far, and other matters are starting to take precedence, but it's a start and I love how they turned out.
The first is a simple cotton blanket perfect for a nursing cover or letting baby play on the floor. It should work for swaddling too, if this baby will stand for that. Paul's sister Marianne first made me one like this when Benjamin was born, and then another for Rhett, and they were well-used. I think this one will be, too.
I followed instructions and tips from this blog and this blog to make this flowery four-layer flannel blanket. Just like they said it would, it took a lot of time to make! But it definitely wasn't hard, which was great. I have the materials to make another one, but I haven't decided to go ahead yet because of the time commitment. Even so, it was worth it and I hope this blanket gets a lot of use over the years.
6 comments:
beautiful! Thanks for sharing with me :)
You're so impressive! How fun to have girlie stuff around the house now :)
The blanket is gorgeous! I love the fabric. How fun for a little girl with two big brothers! I hope you'll think about sharing in my Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1487227@N23/
Thanks for sharing the link.
-Anneliese
I love these fabrics and the finished products so much!
I totally agree with the sentiment about warmth in a football blanket vs. a feminine one. How fun to have an excuse for something girly!
I hope you'll keep posting the projects you do -- if I can copy each one after you, then I have a feeling you'll get me all prepared for my own daughter!
Vicky! These are gorgeous! Just beautiful!! Perfect for a little angel. Oh, Wes and I are so excited for you!!!!
Beautiful work! I wished we lived closer. You could teach me how to use my new sewing machine I got for Christmas. For now, I'm sticking to straight lines (e.g. curtains, pillow cases, etc.)
Post a Comment