Monday, May 7, 2012

Follow-up to the last post

In reference to the last post, I wanted to add a few words. It was not supposed to turn into a pity-post, but I appreciate those kind comments that were left.

I was reading through the latest BYU Magazine last night and this article summed up nicely what I was really trying to get at with that last post.

Some snippets that stand out to me:

"Satan’s deceptive and cunning approach is to convince us that if we want God’s [or, in my case, other people's] approval, we must do more than we know how or are prepared to do. That naturally sets the stage for developing feelings of being overwhelmed and discouraged—by ourselves and often by those around us. In this and other areas, Satan’s strategy does not require that we commit great sins. He just needs to keep us distracted from things of eternal consequence."

That was my point, in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So needed to read this article. Thank you.

lori said...

I've loved these last few posts! You are a wise woman and wonderful mother. I loved the description of your desk in the last post! Made me smile so much! We should all do that every few weeks or so (right now, my list would fill ten pages the desk is so cluttered! =)...what a great snapshot of current happenings/interests/obligations/stress/etc.

Anyway, love your musings as always- you are so insightful.

(And I'm adding Paul's homemade green houses to my "try-not-to-covet" list =)

(And I love your lucy in her pigtails! melts my heart!)