Wednesday, October 7, 2009

25 and counting

We ate a lot of cake during the last two weeks of September. And it wasn't because we were depressed at still being in Alaska. We had birthdays! I turned 25 on September 16, and Benjamin turned 3 on September 25 (a post which will follow later).

What was the best part of my 25th birthday?

The surprise balloons brought home at lunchtime...


the sunny flowers bursting from a pickle jar...


the (voluntarily) self-made chocolate chip cake...


or something else?

It could have been the two little boys who must have known it was my birthday and who would often climb into my lap that day with no other apparent reason than to sit a while and snuggle.

It could have been the husband who, despite his busy work day, tried extra hard to make it a special day for me.

It must have been all of those things.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww, I'm glad that they took such great care of you. Happy (late) Birthday!

McCracken said...

I glad to hear you had a good birthday :) the heart attack has officially been replaced by balloon attacks from husbands!! We have gotten my friend. I am glad you guys are back home now. I saw that cute little niece of yours the other day, what a sweetheart.