Monday, October 19, 2009

Birdhouse painting with Benjamin

Slowly but surely I'm going to try to fill in the gaps about things we did in Alaska since much went unposted with our limited internet access.

This is one of the rainy day activities we did in September. (Whether it was actually raining, I can't remember.) I spent a fair amount of time at JoAnne's craft store while we were in Juneau, which the boys were thrilled about. (Can you guess how thrilled they were?) During one of our visits, Benjamin was rewarded with a $1 wooden birdhouse to paint since he had behaved really well that day. Unfortunately, the birdhouse ended up in the trash as we were leaving for the airport on our way home because it just would not fit. But it filled some time quite nicely, as you will see below. Here, Benjamin tells it in his own words (with some help from me).


I love painting my birdhouse.
Why did you love it?
'Cause I did.


I love painting the roof and the sides.
I love painting the orange and blue.

I love painting a castle.
Did you paint a castle?

No.

Bye bye! I love my birdhouse!

(Rhett was a good sport, too.)

5 comments:

Becky said...

We just painted $1 (dollar store) birdhouses yesterday! Thomas loves crafts and can do them ALL day!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had fun with that :) I love Benjamin's commentary!

lori said...

Um, that cracks me up!! I love that Benjamin boy!

Gaskin Girl said...

Oh, that's SUPER CUTE! I'm so glad you put in Benjamin's comments. Sometimes we do stuff like that. Home Depot has free kid building stuff the first Saturday of the month. We've done birdhouses, jewelry boxes, banks, fire engines, etc. It's pretty cool. I bet your boys would like it!

Shiloh said...

Think of it as practice for the next birdhouse Benjamin paints. :)