But this week he has been delightful!
He loves for me to read to him, and his favorite books are of the Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?/Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? variety. He still loves The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and at the end he likes to go flap flap flap with the pages to make the butterfly fly.
He loves to ROAR! And boy, does that kid have volume! When we read Polar Bear, Polar Bear..., he roars at almost every page, as if he thinks that is the appropriate animal noise for each creature. The other day Rhett expressed his excitement at having Paul home from work by ROARING enthusiastically several times.
He discovered the other day that he is a great tickle monster. I wish I could have captured forever the minutes the other day when he and I snuggled on the couch prior to his nap and took turns tickling and laughing.
He loves dogs! Have I mentioned that before? I don't think I have, so let me emphasize it again. Rhett LOVES dogs! He can spot one a mile away, and will either shout "DAH!" or "WuhWuhWuhWuh!"

He loves to say new words, or at least we love to hear them. Why is it that he has mastered "cookie" more quickly than "please"?
He is a fabulous eater (knock on wood), downing everything from chili to spicy curry to broccoli and more. Some nights he seems like a bottomless pit.
He loves to be like his brother. During potty training (which is 90% complete, by the way), he would imitate Benjamin by sitting on the little training potty. A couple of days ago he found a pair of Benjamin's underwear and wanted to put it on over his diaper. And speaking of clothes, he likes to bring me random articles of clothing and have me put them on him. (Maybe we need a dress-up box?)
Rhett is a singer. Many times a day he can be heard singing the tunes to I am a Child of God, Called to Serve, Reverently Quietly (a frequently lullaby in our house), Autumn Day, and/or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. We never get tired of it.
This is becoming longer than intended, and the subject of this post is now screaming for my attention and trying to put on his shoes to go outside. So I'll wrap up by saying that we love Rhett so much, and couldn't be happier to have him in our family!
9 comments:
Oh, man, can I just say "amen" to that paragraph about how he's the same age that Benjamin was when he was born, and how he seems so young, and everything else?
AMEN, SISTA.
He is so darn cute!!!! ROAR! ;)
I can't believe he's that big already. What a fun little dude.
He looks darling. He's really growing up fast since I saw him last.
I can't believe he's as old as Benjamin was when he was born. Time FLIES!!
Glad he's feeling better after last week!!!
Oh what an adorable boy! Reading all that makes me miss that little guy! Can't wait to see him this summer!
He is a cutie :) I love that he has Mr. Potato glasses on. Lana has Mrs. Potatohead and she wears her glasses sometimes.
You and Paul have done a great job with both boys!!
I jsut have to say that I felt/feel the same way about Benajmin seeming so old at 21 mths and Rhett seeming young etc. I always think that about Viana and Brooke...Brooke STILL feels like my little baby even though she's a big sister now. WEIRD how your brain can play tricks on you like that!
ANd by the way, have you seen the new John Deere fruit snacks?? I totally want to send you some if you haven't seen them yet--they scream Duersch!
What a fun little guy! He's adorable.
Post a Comment