There's only so much you can squeeze into two days (even when the driver *ahem-me* isn't getting lost in Bellingham), but I think we all had fun nonetheless.
Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
Despite this being the fourth spring that we have lived in Whatcom County, this is the first time I have been to the Tulip Festival. Had it not been raining we would have enjoyed walking among the tulips in the fields, but even so we enjoyed the pretty displays.
Shopping in Fairhaven
Even this little Duersch lady got to come to day 1 of the getaway. Here she is patiently waiting while we finish some shopping before dinner.
Capilano Suspension Bridge
On day 2 of the DGG we headed up to Vancouver, BC. We did some shopping at the Kids Market, followed by exploring a public market that was going on nearby. Then we visited the Capilano Suspension Bridge.
Lighthouse Park
We wrapped up the weekend by having dinner and an Indian restaurant in Vancouver before heading back to our accommodations at Birch Bay.
Two days isn't quite long enough to spend time with everyone, but I'll take it. Thanks for a fun getaway, Duersch girls!


























4 comments:
That is an absolutely fun tradition! Gorgeous scenery...were those salmon in the little bitty creek?? Never saw that before :)
So cool! I'm still sad I didn't get that job . . .
What a fun looking trip and tradition! Me and my mom and sisters do a girls trip to Women's Conference every year, and I just love it.
What a fun time! I love being a tourist in your own area. What a great chance to take advantage of things you might not do otherwise.
Post a Comment