Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Benjamin's Birthday in Review

I'm backtracking here. For the sake of people who haven't seen these yet, here are the pictures from Benjamin's birthday party. We had such a fun time, and I'm grateful for all those who came and humored my need to have a little birthday bash for my 1-year-old.



Benjamin loved having friends over! We had some families from Wyview come over, and some of my RAs from this year and last year came, too. Benjamin's Grandma and Grandpa Duersch were there, and some friends from our ward.




The Carters and the Trumans



Alisa and Jason (current RAs)






The Wertz family




Benjamin and Grandpa Duersch
Benjamin and Viana



Melina & Laura (last year's RAs), and Laura's sister Sarah




A definite highlight of the rainy afternoon was Benjamin's birthday cake lunch. He had blue icing all over himself, including all over his hair. He liked the cake, but he wasn't as thrilled with it as I had hoped. That's probably because his parents fed him cotton candy and snow cone at the Wyview block party...






Benjamin loved his presents, including a way-cool Pooh car, some sweet John Deere tractor toys, snazzy new clothes from Grandma Key, and a handsome name plaque made especially by Grandpa Duersch. (If I forgot anyone, sorry.)

The beloved Pooh car

Plaque made by Grandpa Duersch



It was a happy happy birthday, and he loves being a "big boy" now, especially the part about a front-facing car seat.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, how cute is he! I can't believe that he's a year old! And I am so impressed with those Lego Cakes. You're amazing. I never did have you show me how to make bisquits... dang.

Anonymous said...

Brings back so many memories of Vicky at that age! Did you make his cake? I wish I could have been there but I can catch up on the hugs and kisses soon here in Albq.! Can't wait to see you!

Mom/Grandma Key

hilary w said...

what a fun birthday...glad we could be part of it!