Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Apple Turkeys

Paul's sister Marianne had the fun idea to make turkeys out of apples with her boys. When Benjamin saw the pictures on her blog he didn't want to do anything else the rest of the day but make apple turkeys. So after a trip to the store where Benjamin hand-selected an apple for each of us, we spent our Family Home Evening making these guys:

(Can you tell which one is Pauls??)

One of the poor birds got carved in the end.

Delicious!

Thanks for the fun idea, Marianne!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Those turkeys turned out super cute! We just might have to try that one!

Lisa said...

That is way too cute!! I love that Benjamin couldn't wait to make his apple turkey :)

Lesley said...

Ian made that at preschool today! I had never seen it before but I think it will be a Thanksgiving tradition from now on!

Yours turned out so cute!

Gaskin Girl said...

I've forgotten we used to make those as kids! Now I'm going to go to the store and get all the fixin's! Thanks for the idea! Your kids are SUPER CUTE!!

Lindsay said...

Fun fun fun! I admire all your holiday crafts! Way to keep your family having fun with each season! I look forward to doing this type of thing with Enoch when he's older.

McCracken said...

Miss Lana saw the great Apple Turkey and had to look at all the photos. We may be stealing your idea :)