Monday, November 2, 2009

Honesty

I heard Rhett crying in the boys' bedroom today. I went in to investigate and found Rhett sitting on a pile of Matchbox cars next to a toppled over set of shelves. Rhett has been known to climb onto said shelves, so I said to Benjamin, "Uh oh, did Rhett fall?"

His reply:

"No. I threw a car at him."

Glad he doesn't think to lie yet.

7 comments:

Jean said...

Hahahaha!! He cracks me up!!

Lisa Wolf Smith said...

haha- you don't know if you should punish him, praise him, or laugh at him- that is so cute

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious.

Lisa said...

HAHAHA! Good for him :)

Gaskin Girl said...

What a cutie! I love how little kids think!

I tried to teach Lilly what 'lying' meant a couple weeks ago, and it's either a really hard concept for kids to grasp, or I didn't explain it very well. I'm sure you'll do a better job!

Alene said...

Oh little Benjamin! Way to be honest! (But maybe try to keep that up without having to peg poor Rhett!)
;-)

Sarah said...

Too funny! Benjamin is such a cutie.