Monday, November 30, 2009

We are thankful for the Segos

It's true. We are so thankful for the Segos. What great hosts to have us over for the second time in a month, and the second Thanksgiving in a row! We love going to their house. Paul's sister Heidi is one of my favorite people ever. Benjamin adores his cousins (especially Lane and Breton). Rhett gets to chase the cats. ("DAH!" says Rhett, because basically any animal with any amount of fur and four limbs is the same to him as a dog.) For us, it's an all-around good time.

We need to start remembering to actually use the camera we bring with us. We didn't take any pictures until the day we left. I guess that means we were too busy having a good time. We had a nice Thanksgiving meal, but other than that I don't remember many particulars of the visit besides our Black Friday shopping.

Some of the stores we intended to visit opened so early that it didn't make sense to go to bed. So we stayed up. Paul headed over to one store to secure a laptop for Heidi around 2 am and shortly after that Heidi and I started off our shopping at Toys R Us, which we entered and then exited shortly thereafter on account of the massive line that wrapped around the store and which hardly moved at all. Then we found some good deals at Old Navy, walked into Kohl's and out again for the same reason we did it at Toys R Us, and finished up at Target before meeting Paul at the computer place. I think I finally went to sleep about 8 am on Friday. And I'm still feeling it. Later Paul went on a bike ride with Landon, which was really nice for him, and Cara and Lane got to stay up to play games with us. The Duerschs are big on the game Rook, which I had never heard of till I met Paul.

So no pictures until Saturday, but they're of the sweetest nieces and nephews and these kids really made the trip so fun!

Allie and Cara and little Will

Will is just the sweetest baby!

Lane (aka Awesome Cousin of the Year) put together this sweet "trailer" for Lightning McQueen! He pulled Benjamin and Breton around the yard in it and they just had a ball!

Sweet Allie, who gave us this nice Thanksgiving card:


We feel so blessed and grateful to have family members close by for holidays like this one and other fun and special times!

2 comments:

McCracken said...

I am glad you had some family close by to spend Thanksgiving with!! Larry braved black Friday alone.... poor guy. I can't wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

We love the Segos too!!