Easter was the weekend before we moved into our new house. Most of the weekend was spent in a frenzy of packing (why is it always like that?), but we still were able to enjoy some (I wish I could say "most" or "all") of General Conference and get in some egg dying between Saturday sessions.
Benjamin is still way into Cars, so he liked calling the egg colors by their respective Cars characters: Red, like Lightning McQueen; Green, like Chick Hicks; Blue, like The King.
Saturday afternoon I was blog surfing (probably when I should have been packing?) and randomly came across a blog post about dying eggs with silk ties. How had I never heard about it before?? Have you? Anyway, I decided I had to try it (impractical though that was) and quickly strapped the boys in the car to go to the thrift store. Somehow I completely forgot that the Salvation Army was a mile away and instead drove through mall traffic to get to a "thrift store" that sold their silk ties for 6 bucks! I was not impressed and headed to Goodwill instead, picking up about six ties. Of course, I didn't take pictures of my fancy silk-dyed eggs, mostly because they didn't turn out really good, but it was fun to learn something new and I think I'll give it another go next year.
Has anyone reading this ever done the egg dying with silk ties, and do you have any tips?
No pictures from Easter, but I do recall that Rhett consumed nearly all of his candy in about 10 minutes (before breakfast), and Benjamin was really disappointed that there was no Easter egg hunt this year. Also, after all the time we spent reading the story of the Atonement and Resurrection in Benjamin's New Testament Stories book, now all he wants to read is "the part where the guys are being wicked to Jesus." He doesn't seem interested in most of the other stories yet, but he always wants to read the parts about Jesus's crucifixion, and asks for it almost every night. Interesting.
Has anyone reading this ever done the egg dying with silk ties, and do you have any tips?
No pictures from Easter, but I do recall that Rhett consumed nearly all of his candy in about 10 minutes (before breakfast), and Benjamin was really disappointed that there was no Easter egg hunt this year. Also, after all the time we spent reading the story of the Atonement and Resurrection in Benjamin's New Testament Stories book, now all he wants to read is "the part where the guys are being wicked to Jesus." He doesn't seem interested in most of the other stories yet, but he always wants to read the parts about Jesus's crucifixion, and asks for it almost every night. Interesting.
3 comments:
i tried the silk tie thing this year, and it came out ok. not great. i think next year i will try it with a dark tie. i did it this year with a pink and blue tie and the pick hardly showed up. it was a fun new way to dye eggs though
That apron Benjamin is wearing is the cutest thing ever! Looks like fun!
I love hearing little Benjamin talk. His voice is so CUTE!
I've actually never, ever dyed Easter eggs. So I'm not much help :)
Post a Comment