Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kicking off the camping season

At the beginning of June we took a little camping trip with our friends the Katschkes up at Birch Bay State Park. It was a little spur-of-the-moment, but we wanted to have a bit of a trial run before we take the boys camping for several days this summer.


Overall it went really well, and I have decided that about 2 years old is the perfect age (for me) to start taking kids camping. I say "for me" because taking Benjamin camping as a baby was misery and we never tested it out with Rhett. However, this cute little 2-month-old did amazing! I'm so jealous.

I had to show a picture of Paul's awesome job packing the car. He's got skills, for sure.


Dinner: barbecued chicken legs. Yum!


The kids found a fun game to play: roll this huge log from one end of camp to the other. All of the pictures were blurry (busy kids for you), but this is the best one.


Hanging out at camp in the morning.


Payton and Benjamin helping to pack up


It was fun times for all, I think. We definitely plan on doing it again. We hadn't gone camping as a family in three years! Definitely too long, and I think this is the summer to make it right again.

Well done, Lovey!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fun time! Birch Bay is so beautiful. I agree with you on the baby camping thing. We only took Sophie camping once as a baby and we hardly slept. That was our last camping trip.

I can't believe how big all the kids are! They look so long. :) I hadn't seen a picture yet of Katschke Baby #3 -- she's a cutie.