Monday, June 28, 2010

Rhett is 2!

Happy birthday, Rhett! Let's take a walk down memory lane...

I'm not a big fan of belly shots when I'm pregnant (actually, not a fan at all), but for my posterity's sake here is one from about two weeks before you were born. Dada, Benjamin and I were spending a sunny afternoon on the campus of BYU soaking it all up before our move to Washington.


The following picture was taken almost exactly twelve hours before you were born. Your dad had just arrived in Bellingham with Benjamin, Aunt Alene, Uncle Kelv, and Aunt Ruth.

Just a few hours prior I took my final final exam at BYU while going into labor.



The next morning, out of the blue (considering the nearly 3 weeks till your due date) you were born! I was on the phone with Dada the whole time. Grandma and Grandpa Duersch arrived just minutes later to take this picture.


Aunt Heidi and Uncle Landon so kindly got Dada and Benjamin on a plane so they could come and meet you. You were definitely worth the trip.


A year later we celebrated your first birthday in Alaska with balloons.


You were just learning to take a few wobbly steps.


No need to explain what you thought about your birthday cake.


A happy baby, as always.


And look at you now.

So grown up, such a little man.


But still just my baby.


I love you, Rhett.

5 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Awww I can't believe how big he is already! Happy Birthday Rhett!

Anonymous said...

Cute! That's way fun!

Allie said...

This made me all teary, Vicky...beautiful. Isn't it crazy how fast they grow. I held up a newborn onesie of Lucy's the other day and got a little frog in my throat. Your boys are lucky to have such a wonderful mommy.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, little Rhett!!! I still tell people about my friend who stayed behind to finish some school while her hubby moved into the new place--only to go into labor! You are such a trooper. And he is such a cutie!

hilary w said...

What a sweet little tribute to cutie pie Rhett! Does he suck his fingers? Grace does that, too!