We found a little visitor outside our apartment door when we got home from dinner tonight. She was hanging out right above Benjamin's stroller... great, huh?Paul stuck the black widow in a jar and she was show-and-tell for my RA staff meeting tonight.
She's about the side of a quarter, and is giving me the heebie-geebies as we speak. Her minutes are numbered, though.
I'm calling maintenance first thing tomorrow.

13 comments:
I agree! That spider also gives me the weebie, jeebies!! I remember soon after we moved to Utah we also cought a black widow and put her in a jar. I wanted to show all the neighborhood children what she looked like. Everytime I went by the jar I shuddered!
The past 2 years, I have found and killed a black widow each October outside our front door at Wymount. I'm still keeping an eye out for this years.
I. Hate. Spiders. We had a Hobo Spider making a web in one of our couches in Wymount, and we had a Black Widow on the wall inbetween my apartment and the the Smiths (they noticed it when Aly poked it and then it ran inside their apartment!) All after I developed my irrational fear of spiders. I made Zach kill our hobo spider, and I still had a minor panic attack. Kill that thing as inhumanely as possible, okay??
Vicky!! That is awful!! That is definitely something I miss about DT! 'no creepy spiders. So far in our apt this week we've killed a brown spider, a red spider, a white spider, and an earwig...heebie geebie!
Hey guys!
This is your old friend Lesley Larson from Wymount. Scott is going to be so excited to hear I found your blog! (I saw it on Lisa Badal's blog!)
I loved seeing pictures of your little Benjamin! I can't believe how incredibly grown and adorable he is! He really is a handsome kid.
Love the lego cake!
Lesley
scottandlesley.blogspot.com
Oh my goodness! Remember all the black widows in our yard at the house? I remember making my rounds with a huge bottle of poison, enjoying every moment as I watched them wreath (sp?) in agony after I soaked them. But hey, just in time for Halloween!
Mom/Grandma Key
Eww! I'm glad you found him before he got in the stroller!
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I have no other comment about the SPIDER.
BUT I'm soooo happy to find your blog! The pics from Ben's birthday are so fun!! And those pictures of Paul and Benjamin playing tracters...to die for!
Hooray for friends!
No Hooray for black widows! Oh! Shudder!
AND that family picture of you guys is SO cute!
AND I love your title!
Oh, blogging is so fun!
Hey, don't know if you remember us, but I found your blog from the Wertz's blog. Scary spider... yikes. Anyway, Benjamin is so big and adorable! Just thought I'd let ya know what you already knew.
Ben and Meg Caswell (former Wymounters)
Amen to all the shuddering comments. Our new place here in Michigan has issues with rollie pollie bugs. They are everywhere! We found out that it's because they built our building on top of wetlands. I guess that's what we get for supporting a place that is ruining the environment. :) I love your blog! I'm going to link to you guys right now!
Of course we remember the Caswells! How are you guys? Do you have a blog? We'd love to see it if you do. By the way, did you ever live in Wyview? We got some mail addressed to Megan O. Caswell... Just curious!
Post a Comment